Indonesia Issues Travel Ban On Trump’s Partner
Indonesia has issued a travel ban which bars Trump’s Indonesian business partner after he was accused of threatening the deputy attorney general. Billionaire Hary Tanoesoedibjo, will not be allowed to leave Indonesia from June 22 to July 12.
The ban may get extended if the police were to request it.
Hary aka Tanoe, is also an aspiring politician, whose ambitions are to become the Indonesian president in 2019. His company plans to start two resorts in Indonesia that Trump’s business is associated with through management and licensing deals.
National police spokesman Rikwanto said Tanoe had been caught sending threats last year, through text messages, to Yulianto, the Deputy Attorney General, Special Crimes who at the time had been investigating a 2009 graft case connected to Mobile-8 Telecom, a telecommunications company that Tanoe once owned.
Tanoe is expected to be taken in for Police questioning in the coming days.
Under Indonesian law, using technology to threaten people is punishable by up to four years in prison.
Tanoe’s Lawyer, Hotman Paris Hutapea, naturally denied the allegations, stating that the messages sent from Tanoe’s cell phone did not contain any threats to a particular person. “My client has no intention to threaten any individual,” Hutapea said, calling the case “politically motivated.”
Image Source: biografiku.com